Graphic Design by COHN, Inc.
- SolaBev acquired BrewOne, the maker of a fully recyclable single-serve coffee capsule, in late 2013 to take on market-dominant Keurig Green Mountain’s non-recyclable K-Cups.
- SolaBev needed a short-term solution and a long-term vision to recycle their capsules while going through a parallel product redesign to make recycling and/or composting simple.
- Held a strategic planning meeting with the staff and key board members to determine and refine long-term goals and objectives.
- Conducted a basic lifecycle analysis looking at all the parts and components of the capsule to identify the design strengths and flaws for end-of-life recycling and/or reuse.
- Evaluated a new material for its potential use in manufacturing.
- Informed client of various recycling options and packaging adjustments to reach their 100% recyclable goal.
- Created go-to-market strategy in conjunction with SolaBev’s marketing firm.
- The company is officially launching their new capsules in late 2014/early 2015 and product packaging and manufacturing decisions cannot be disclosed at this time.
- The company has, however, adopted a cradle-to-cradle committment and initial response is positive.
Apply it to Your Company
- Product lifecycle analysis
- Cradle-to-cradle product solutions
- Go-to-market strategy using sustainability principles as a core feature